15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
Online CPR Certification in West Virginia
Obtaining online CPR certification in the West Virginia can be rapidly accomplished form your home with an online CPR course that can cover CPR / AED / First Aid certification or renewal as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Having certification in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could mean the difference between life and death in an emergency. Laypersons who have CPR training successfully save lives every year. CPR training in West Virginia will be required for all students graduating high school in the 2017-2018 educational year.
State of Health in West Virginia
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, West Virginia ranks just 43rd out of all 50 states for overall health. While there is low prevalence of excessive drinking, low incidence of infectious disease, and a low percentage of population without insurance, there is also a high rate of drug deaths, high prevalence of smoking, and low immunization coverage among children.
In the past 3 years, drug deaths increased 46% from 22.0 to 32.2 deaths per 100,000 population. In the past 10 years, premature death increased 9% from 9,384 to 10,245 years lost per 100,000 population. Drug deaths are often cardiac related, and could be prevented with timely CPR aid.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in West Virginia
In West Virginia, medical professionals, emergency personnel, and lifeguards are expected to obtain and hold a current CPR certification, but there are many jobs in other career fields that may require it as well. These jobs most commonly include:
- Daycare workers, nannies, Head Start teachers and babysitters as well as anyone else who works with children.
- Receptionists, front desk workers, administrators and any other staff that can be found in the offices of doctors and dentists who come into contact with patients.
- Youth and school athletic coaches, personal fitness trainers, or any professional or volunteer that provides physical activity guidance.
- Anyone working as a companion for the elderly or disabled, social workers, charity volunteers, or anyone volunteering in a care facility.
- Any school staff member in any position that comes into contact with students.
- Workers in retail, manufacturing, logistics, construction or any career in which coworkers may need aid at some time.
- Rowing coaches, swimming and diving coaches and instructors, aquatic center directors and staff or anyone involved in providing guidance for water related activity.
- Emergency personnel. Police, firemen, correctional officers, first responders, and anyone that may encounter people in highly stressful situations.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in West Virginia
Your CPR/AED certification will need to be redone every 2 years. You can obtain online CPR renewal to satisfy this requirement and stay fully certified.
In some cases, your employer may require that you pass a hands-on skills test, for which you will have to appear in person at a testing site and complete this portion of the certification for a small additional fee.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in West Virginia
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in West Virginia. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Ashley Jenkins Training
St. Marys , WV 26170
Pamepinto Training Associates
new creek, WV 26743
STAT EMS Education Center & Training Academy
Pineville, WV 24874
Wayne Volunteer Fire Department
Wayne, WV 25570
West Virginia University Mining and Industrial Extension
Core , WV 24938
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online in West Virginia provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
West Virginia Medical Professional Resources
- West Virginia School of Medicine
- West Virginia Department of Health
- Board of Medicine for the State of West Virginia
15% Discount below.