15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
Online CPR Certification in Virginia
Obtaining online CPR certification in the Virginia can be accomplished from your home with an online CPR course. Such courses may cover CPR / AED / First Aid certification or renewal, as well as certification or recertification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and even Infant CPR certification.
Having certification in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could mean the difference between life and death. Laypersons who have CPR training have been saving lives every year for decades. CPR training in Virginia has been required for all students graduating high school since the 2016-2017 educational year.
State of Health in Virginia
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Virginia ranks 19th out of all 50 states for overall health. Virginia has a low rate of drug deaths, a low prevalence of frequent physical distress, and a low percentage of children in poverty. However, the state's population is challenged by a low percentage of primary care physicians compared to population, a low level of high school graduation, low immunization rates among both children and adolescents, and a disturbingly high disparity in health care based on education status.
In the past few years, smoking has decreased among adults, but diabetes rates have risen. There have been fewer infant mortalities, which bodes well for the future of Virginia. However, almost 30% of the population is obese, and over 25% don't get enough physical exercise. These are markers for potential cardiac events, which could mean lives could be saved with timely CPR aid.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Virginia
In Virginia, a number of career fields may require that their employees have a current CPR certification outside of the expected medical and lifesaving fields. These career fields may include:
- Youth and school athletic coaches, whether as volunteers or professionally, fitness trainers, or anyone else providing guidance or direction for physical activities.
- Anyone in a dentist’s or doctor’s office who is in contact with patients including but not limited to administrators, receptionists, and front office workers.
- In-house or facility companions to the elderly and disabled, social workers and charity volunteers.
- Professionals who encounter people in high stress situations such as police, firemen, security personnel, and correctional officers.
- Anyone employed in an educational facility, regardless of the position they hold, who may come into contact with students.
- Head Start teachers, daycare employees, baby sitters, nannies and anyone else whose job involves the supervision of children.
- Anyone employed in the fields of manufacturing, construction, retail logistics, or any job in which a co-worker or vendor may be in need of assistance.
- Diving instructors, swimming and crew coaches, aquatic directors and any personnel involved in directing or overseeing aquatic activities.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Virginia
Your CPR/AED certification will need to be redone every 2 years. You can obtain online CPR renewal if you wish; it will satisfy this requirement and ensure you stay fully certified.
In some cases, your employer may require that you pass a hands-on skills test, for which you will have to appear in person at a testing site and complete this portion of the certification for a small additional fee.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Virginia
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Virginia. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Ashburn, VA 20147
Dulles Safety and Security, LLC
Oak Hill, VA 20171
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Emergency Training Resources, LLC
Ashburn, VA 20147
FirstAid Training Service
Arlington, VA 22204
Health Educators & Trainers
McLean, VA 22102
King George County Schools
King George, VA 22485
Falls Church, VA 22046
Mobile CPR of Woodbridge
WOODBRIDGE, VA 22192
Safety, Rescue, and Paddlesports
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online in Virginia provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Virginia Medical Information and Links of Interest
15% Discount below.