15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in Utah
Obtaining your CPR certification online in Utah can be quick and simple with a course that you can study for and complete online from the comfort of your own couch. Certification and renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR can all be obtained online in Utah.
Online certification in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could mean a difference between life and death in an emergency. Medical personnel and laypersons who have the right knowledge and skill to use the appropriate procedures have saved many lives each year. CPR training has also been required for graduation in Utah since the 2015-2016 school year.
State of Health in Utah
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Utah ranks 8th in the nation for overall health. Strengths include a low prevalence of smoking, with only 9% of the adult population indulging; a low percentage of children in poverty; and a low rate of cancer deaths. However, the state also faces challenges such as a high rate of drug deaths, low immunization coverage among adolescents, and a lower number of primary care physicians than in many other states.
In the past two years, disparity in health status by education has increased 14%, from 26.5% to 30.3%. In the past year, physical inactivity increased 21% from 16.8% to 20.3% of adults, and nearly 25% of the population of Utah is obese. These are all markers for increased risk of cardiac arrest and death, and there are 225 cardiac deaths for 100,000 people each year in Utah.
Many cardiac events can be prevented with immediate CPR treatment at the scene of the event.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Utah
In Utah, it is required that professionals in positions such as first responders and lifeguards have a current CPR certification, however, there are many jobs that may also require certification that you may not have considered. Here are a few:
- Anyone employed in a school or educational facility of any sort whom may have contact with students as a part of their job or not.
- Police, firemen, security and corrections officers or anyone that is regularly in contact with people in high stress situations as a part of their job.
- Athletic coaches, cheer coaches, fitness trainers and anyone working with athletes as a volunteer or professional.
- Persons whose job focuses on caring for children such as daycare workers. Nannies, babysitters and teachers in programs like Head Start.
- Workers in retail, manufacturing, food service, construction, or any career in which co-workers may at some require assistance.
- Anyone employed in the office of a medical professional that may have contact with patients including receptionists, administrators, technicians and front desk personnel.
- Social workers, in-home companions, charity volunteers or anyone associated to the field of social work or in contact with persons under care.
- Crew and water sports coaches, diving and swimming instructors, and anyone involved in the direction or supervision of water related activities.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Utah
CPR/AED certification renewal in Utah is required every 2 years. This CPR certification renewal can be easily and quickly be completed by taking a CPR recertification online.
In some cases, your employer may require a hands-on skills test to be completed and passed for certification. In that case, your presence may be required in person at the testing site so you can complete this portion of the certification. There may be a small fee associated with this.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Utah
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Utah. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Cedar City Utah, UT 84720
Professional Conferences Plus
Mapleton, UT 84664
Southern Utah Venturing
Cedar City, UT 84720
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Utah Medical Resources and Websites
15% Discount below.