15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in Texas
Obtaining CPR certification in Texas can be achieved quickly and at your own convenience when you study and take your test online. You can choose any combination of CPR / AED / First Aid certification or renewal, and also complete online certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, and even Babysitting certification.
Having a CPR, First Aid, Infant CPR, or AED certification could mean saving someone’s life in an emergency situation. Thousands of people are rescued every year by laypersons and medical personnel with the right training. CPR training in Texas is required for all students graduating high school; this requirement started in the 2014-2015 educational year and includes training for all students in grades 7-12.
State of Health in Texas
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Texas has a high percentage of the population lacking health insurance; a majority of residents in the state are uninsured. Texas also ranks low out of all 50 states for the number of primary care physicians in relation to the population, particularly in areas along the southern border. Disparity in health status by education is rising steadily; presently at 28.4%.
Over the past 12 months, the percentage of adults in Texas who smoke has increased by 5%; 15.2% of adults now report that they smoke, compared to 14.5% a year ago. A high prevalence of diabetes is present, which correlates with obesity (32.4%) and physical inactivity (29.5%).
Taken together, these factors pose a serious risk for more incidents of cardiac arrest; in fact, the state is 27 th in ranking for preventable deaths. It is also 24 th for infant mortality; nearly 10% of children are born prematurely; only 71% receive all childhood immunizations, and 21% live in poverty – all increasing the chances of health issues later in life.
Completing an online CPR/AED and / or First Aid course can prepare you to handle a cardiac event or other emergency health situation if one arises and you are in the vicinity.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Texas
While it’s a given that certain types of professionals need CPR training, it’s not just something that is wise for medical professionals, emergency personnel, and lifeguards at the beach or pool. Laypersons can also benefit, and many employers require some form of training. You might need CPR certification if you are a:
- Coach for youth sports or athletics; fitness trainers in gyms or personal trainers; professional or volunteer staff at marathons or fun runs
- Instructors or directors at indoor or outdoor aquatic facilities; coaches or instructors for diving, rowing, or other activities on or around water; summer camp volunteers
- Those who work with the elderly or disabled as social workers, charity volunteers, candy stripers, or “companions”
- Anyone who is responsible for children, including those who run or work in daycare facilities or who run at home child care; elementary, middle school or Head Start teachers; and babysitters, nannies, or au pairs
- Everyone who works in a doctors’ or dentists’ office (even reception area workers) as well as administrators and financial specialists or anyone else may encounter patients
- Anyone who works in a school, university, or other learning institution who will come into contact with students
- All types of law enforcement personnel, including police, firemen, correctional officers, security, and others who may be around people experiencing stress or distress
- Workers in the field including those in industries like construction, logistics, manufacturing, or retail (you never know when aid may need to be rendered)
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Texas
Your CPR/AED recertification in Texas will be required every 2 years. You can obtain online CPR renewal swiftly easily and stay fully certified.
In some cases, an employer may require a hands-on skills test to be completed and passed. In such cases, you will have to appear in person at a testing site and complete this portion of the certification (most sites charge a small additional fee.)
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Texas
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Texas. You can contact them directly to inquire.
3B Response, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX 76137
AAA Safety Training Inc.
Houston, TX 77251-1942
Abilene, TX 79602
Big Texas CPR
Willis, TX 77378
Phone: (832) 930-0227
Colston Safety and Training (CSTI)
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Houston, TX 77059
Dummies Are Us
Manvel, TX 77578
Midlothian, TX 76065
Dripping Springs, TX 78620
F.A.C.T FOR FIDO
Crosby, TX 77532
FIRE-MED Training Services
Van Horn, TX 79855
Gale Mintons Education Center
Seguin, TX 78155
Good Shepherd Medical Center
Longview, TX 75601
Dallas, TX 75249
Gilmer, TX 75644
Mayday Emergency Response Institute
Austin, TX 78717
National Protective Services Institute
San Antonio, TX 78278
Professional Training Service
Midland, TX 79705
Texas Medical Response, Inc.
Mabank, TX 75147
Dallas, TX 75244
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online in Texas provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Texas Resources for Health Professionals
15% Discount below.