15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
Online CPR Certification in Oregon
Obtaining CPR certification in Oregon is easily achieved if you sign up for an online course that allows you to study materials and take the test from anywhere with an internet connection. You can rapidly earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Laypersons and medical personnel often save lives with CPR that would otherwise be lost. Getting certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could help you be a lifesaver in an emergency as well. CPR training has been required for high school graduation in Oregon since the 2015-2016 school year.
State of Health in Oregon
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Oregon ranks 21st in the nation for overall health.
Residents in the state need to watch for weight gain, as 30% are obese (and that percentage is rising), but only 18% don’t get enough physical activity which is a positive sign.
However, low immunization coverage among children and a rising rate of diabetes raise some concerns, as does the disparity in health status when looked at by income status.
On the upside, there is a relatively low number of cardiovascular deaths in the state. CPR training can greatly increase the chance of saving the life of someone in cardiac arrest by keeping them alive until an ambulance arrives.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Oregon
In the state of Oregon, some jobs require CPR certification as a matter of law, while others are requirements set forth by employers. The following are examples of what these jobs may include:
- Receptionists, technicians, administrators, front desk personnel and anyone else employed in the office of a doctor or dentist that may have contact with patients.
- Personal fitness trainers, athletic coaches, referees, and anyone involved in sports activities or providing instruction or guidance regarding physical activity.
- All staff employed in any educational facility that may have contact with students in any capacity.
- Construction workers, laborers, hospitality industry workers, retail and food service workers and anyone in a career where a client or coworker maybe in need of assistance.
- Diving coaches, crew and swim instructors, aquatic center staff and anyone involved in overseeing or guiding activities based in or around the water.
- Anyone who works with people under care, companions for the elderly and disabled, social workers, and charity volunteers.
- People that work in fields with regular exposure to people and situations deemed as high stress such as police, firemen, first responders, and corrections officers.
- People with careers centered on the care of young children such as Head Start teachers, nannies, daycare workers and babysitters.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Oregon
It is required to renew Oregon CPR/AED certification every 2 years; this CPR certification renewal mandate can be met with by completing a CPR recertification online.
In some cases, an employer may require a hands-on skills test to be completed and passed. You will need to appear in person at the testing site so you can complete this portion of certification. This can incur an additional small fee payable at the testing site
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Oregon
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Oregon. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Central Oregon CPR
Antelope, OR 97001
Cornelius Fire Dept
Cornelius, OR 97113
MARY ANN VAUGHAN
Eugene, OR 97477
Vernonia, OR 97064
Vernonia, OR 97064
Northwest Wilderness Medicine Training Center
Beaverton, OR 97007
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Websites for Medical Professionals in Oregon
15% Discount below.