15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in Ohio
Obtaining CPR certification in Ohio can be achieved readily if you sign up for an online course that allows you to study materials and take the test from anywhere with an internet connection. You can quickly earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Knowing CPR and AED protocols allows laypersons and medical personnel to save lives that would otherwise be lost. Getting certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could help you be a lifesaver in an emergency as well. CPR training has been required for high school graduation in Ohio since the 2015-2016 school year.
State of Health in Ohio
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Ohio ranks 40th in the nation for overall health. The state has a low percentage of population without insurance, and a relatively higher number of primary care physicians in relation to population than many other states.
However, the high prevalence of smoking and high levels of air pollution as well as a high infant mortality rate and a rapidly increasing instance of drug related death (drug deaths increased 51% from 14.0 to 21.1 deaths per 100,000 population over a three-year period) points to high risk for sudden death.
Obesity and lack of physical activity both hover around 27-29%, and these are markers for increased incidence of cardiac related deaths, of which the state has nearly 280 per year for every 100,000 residents. Timely CPR can save lives in such cases.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Ohio
In the state of Ohio, the jobs requiring CPR certification are numerous and varied. In some cases, there is a legal requirement for certification while at other times it is the preference of the employer. These careers may include:
- Childcare professionals such as nannies, Head Start and early education program teachers and daycare workers.
- Construction workers, general laborers, manufacturers, and anyone in a career in which an employee may need direct aid.
- Athletic directors, personal trainers, paid and volunteer sports coaches and anyone providing guidance on a physical activity.
- All staff members with access to students at any school or educational facility.
- Charity volunteers, social workers, companions for the elderly and disabled, or anyone working directly with people under some form of professional care.
- Any staff employed at aquatic centers including but not limited to, swimming instructors, water aerobics leaders, lifeguards and anyone who may lead or supervise any water related activities.
- Emergency personnel, police, firemen, corrections officers, security forces and anyone employed in fields containing people in high stress situations.
- All staff in doctor and dentist’s offices including administrators, technicians, billing department personnel, receptionists and anyone that may have contact with patients.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Ohio
It is required to renew your Ohio CPR/AED certification every 2 years; you can meet the CPR certification renewal mandate by completing a CPR recertification online.
In some cases, an employer may ask you to also complete a hands-on skills test You will need to appear in person at a physical testing site location to complete this portion of certification. There may also be an additional small fee payable at that time.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Ohio
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Ohio. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Emergency Training Concepts and Consulting LLC
Berea, OH 44017
Joint Medical Awareness Center
Vandalia, OH 45377
NF Joint Fire District
Newton Falls, OH 44444
ON THE SPOT E.M.T.
Gahanna, OH 43230
RS Associates LLC
Milan, OH 44846
Phone: (419) 262-0229
The Quandel Construction Group
Westerville, OH 43082
Zoom Safety CPR
Toledo, OH 43614
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Web Resources for Medicine in Ohio
15% Discount below.