15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in North Carolina
Obtaining CPR certification in North Carolina can be achieved with an online course that allows you to study and take the test from anywhere with an internet connection. You can quickly earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Knowing CPR and AED protocols could save lives that would otherwise be lost before help could arrive. Getting certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could help you be a lifesaver in an emergency as well. CPR training has been required for high school graduation in North Carolina since the 2014-2015 school year.
State of Health in North Carolina
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, North Carolina ranks 32nd in the nation for overall health. The biggest health issues in the state concern children; although there is a high Tdap immunization coverage among adolescents, and high immunization coverage among children, there is also a high percentage of children in poverty, a high prevalence of low birthweight, and a high infant mortality rate.
For the adult population, over the past 5-7 years, violent crime decreased 26%, preventable hospitalizations decreased 23%, and disparity in health status by education decreased 21%, but there is a a low prevalence of excessive drinking, 30% of the residents of North Carolina are obese, and almost that number don't get enough physical activity.
Nearly 20% of North Carolinan adults smoke. 10% have diabetes. There are 250 deaths per 100,000 people every year from cardiac arrest. Some of these lives could be saved with timely CPR or AED skills.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in North Carolina
Many employers in North Carolina insist that employees have a current CPR/AED certification. In some cases, there are jobs for which it is a legal requirement. The types of jobs that may require CPR certification are varied and may include the following:
- Nannies, babysitters, daycare instructors, Head Start and early education teachers as well as anyone that is in contact with children as a part of their profession.
- All doctors and dentist office staff including administrators, receptionists, technicians, and front desk workers.
- Charity volunteers, social workers and aides to the elderly and disabled, whether in-facility or out.
- Youth sport coaches for recreational and school teams, fitness trainer, personal trainers, or anyone else providing guidance for physical activities.
- Firemen, police, security details, corrections officers and anyone that works in a high stress environment.
- Pool managers, aquatic directors, diving and crew coaches, swimming instructors, and anyone working in or around the water.
- Teachers, counselors, administrators, janitorial staff, coaches, and anyone else employed in an educational facility that may have contact with students.
- Retail and food service workers, workers in logistics and construction or anyone who may have coworkers or clients in need of aid.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in North Carolina
In the state of North Carolina, it is easy to renew your CPR/AED certification online at your own convenience. A certification renewal will be necessary every two years in order to stay current.
At times, your employer may require that you pass an in-person skills assessment which can be taken at the testing site, usually for a small additional fee.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in North Carolina
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in North Carolina. You can contact them directly to inquire.
2nd Chance Life Safety
Clayton, NC 27520
BSA Troop 89 Wilson
Wilson, NC 27893
NC Mom on a Mission LLC
Greensboro, NC 27455
Garner , NC 27529
Tactical Technology LLC
Wilmington, NC 28403
Winston Salem, NC 27104-1611
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
North Carolina Medical Resources
15% Discount below.