15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in New York
Obtaining CPR certification in New York is quickly and efficiently achieved with an online course that allows you to study and take the test from anywhere, anytime. You can earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
CPR and AED protocols save lives that would otherwise be lost before help could arrive. Getting certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could help you be a lifesaver in an emergency as well. CPR training has been required for high school graduation in New York since the 2015-2016 school year.
State of Health in New York
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, New York ranks 13th in the nation for overall health. The state boasts a higher number of primary care physicians per hundred thousand residents than surrounding states, and has a low premature death rate. Disparity in health status by education is slowly going down.
However, the state also has a high prevalence of physical inactivity despite a slightly lower level of obesity compared to the rest of the nation. There also exists a high percentage of children in poverty. Drug deaths increased 35% from 8.2 to 11.1 deaths per 100,000 population over a three-year period.
There are 256 cardiovascular related deaths per 100,000 people in New York state every year. In many cases, CPR administered at the scene saves the lives of those experiencing cardiac events.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in New York
In New York, you will find that CPR certification is a requirement for a lot more jobs that first responders and lifeguards. A vast array of jobs may by law, or employer mandate, may require one or more types of CPR certification. Those jobs may include:
- Social workers, in-facility aides to the elderly and disabled, and charity volunteers.
- Head Start teachers and their aides, babysitters, nannies, daycare workers, and anyone who works with children.
- Construction workers, food service and retail workers, manufacturers, or anyone who may have an employee needing aid.
- Athletic coaches, professional or volunteer, fitness trainers, personal trainers, or any individual imparting training guidance on someone.
- Babysitters, daycare workers, Head Start and early education teachers and nannies,
- All educational facility staff that may be in contact with students, regardless of job position.
- Rowing and diving coaches, swimming instructors, water fitness trainers, and anyone who may direct aquatic activities.
- Security details, corrections officers, firemen, police, and all individuals working in environments with high stress situations and people.
- Administrators, receptionists, technicians, and all employees in the office of a doctor or dentist who may have contact with patients.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in New York.
In New York, it will be necessary to renew your CPR certification every two years. This can be done online, and will return you to full certified status.
However, some employers may insist upon an in-person recertification. In this case, it can be done at the testing site, sometimes for a small additional fee.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in New York
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in New York. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Above and Below the Water TC
Sandy Creek, NY 13145
Action CPR LLC
Lockport, NY 14094
BAC for Women
Williamsville, NY 14221
Buffalo, NY 14240
CNY First Aid
Jeffrey Andrews Jr
Redfield, NY 13437
Have Dummy Will Travel, Inc.
Miller Place, NY 11764
Nationwide Instruction for Cardiovascular Edu.
Dix Hills, NY 11746
NesFire Training & Consulting Associates
East Syracuse, NY 13057
North Shore Ambulance
Cleveland , NY 13042
Northern Pioneer Outfitters
Carthage, NY 13619
Pharaoh Institute of Emergency Sciences Inc
Rotterdam Junction, NY 12150
Resources for Lifesaving Training Center
Ruben Vargas Jr
Warwick, NY 10990
Rochester Personal Defense, LLC
Rochester, NY 14617
SAFER Training, Inc.
Jamaica, NY 11436
Springhill Associates, LLC
Georgetown, NY 13072
Talitha Cumi Urban Etiquette & Leadership Academy
Bronx, NY 10467
The Action Potential @ CMHA
Binghamton, NY 13901
Training Goal Systems, LLC
Brooklyn, NY 11201
BROOKLYN, NY 11249
Wilderness Safety Associates
Amsterdam, NY 12010
Phone: 518 843 4576
Yonkers Fire Department
Yonkers, NY 10701
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Resources about Health and Medicine in New York
15% Discount below.