15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in New Mexico
Obtaining CPR certification in New Mexico is quickly and efficiently achieved with an online course that allows you to study and take the test from anywhere, anytime. You can earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
CPR and AED protocols save lives that would otherwise be lost before help could arrive. Getting certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could help you be a lifesaver in an emergency as well. CPR training has been required for high school graduation in New Mexico since the 2015-2016 school year.
State of Health in New Mexico
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, New Mexico ranks 38th in the nation for overall health. New Mexico residents benefit from a low prevalence of excessive drinking, low levels of air pollution, and a low rate of cancer deaths. In the past year, smoking decreased 8% from 19.1% to 17.5% of adults.
However, the state is plagued with a high rate of drug deaths, a low percentage of high school graduation, and a high percentage of children in poverty. Immunizations among children aged 19 to 35 months have also decreased 8% from 75.9% to 70.1%.
Premature deaths are at a high for a ten-year period, 11.5 % of the population is diabetic, nearly 30% of the residents are obese and over 20% are affected by physical inactivity. 217 out of every 100,000 people in New Mexico die each year from cardiac arrest.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in New Mexico
In the state of New Mexico, a wide variety of jobs require CPR/AED certification. For some positions, it is a matter of law, while for others it is a requirement of the employer. A few examples of what those jobs may be are as follows;
- Police, firemen, security personnel, corrections officers and all people that work with people under high stress or encounter stressful situations.
- Charity volunteers, companions for the disabled and elderly, social workers, and anyone working with people under care.
- Nannies, childcare professionals, early education teachers, daycare workers, and anyone that works with children.
- Professional and volunteer youth sport coaches, fitness trainers, youth sports officials and referees, and anyone working in youth sports of providing fitness training advice.
- Manufacturing and construction workers, logisticians, retainer workers, and all employees who may have a coworker in need of aid.
- Swimming instructors, lifeguards, diving coaches, and anyone that works in an aquatic center or directs water related activities.
- Everyone that works in an educational facility of any sort, regardless of job description, that may come into contact with students.
- Doctor and dentist office staff including technicians, administrators, receptionists, and anyone else that may have contact with patients.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in New Mexico
In New Mexico, every two years, CPR/AED recertification is required. By taking an online recertification course, you can easily return to full certification status.
Some employers may require their employees complete a hands-on live assessment. This can be done at the testing site, and may at times incur a small fee.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in New Mexico
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in New Mexico. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Rio Rancho, NM 87124
Extreme Rescue Training, LLC
Carlsbad, NM 88220
Advantages of Online Certification
- Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Websites about Medicine in New Mexico
15% Discount below.