15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
Online CPR Certification in New Jersey
Obtaining CPR certification in New Jersey is quickly and efficiently achieved with an online course that allows you to study and take the test from anywhere, anytime. You can earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
CPR and AED protocols save lives that would otherwise be lost before help could arrive. Getting certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could help you be a lifesaver in an emergency as well. CPR training has been required for high school graduation in New Jersey since the 2015-2016 school year.
State of Health in New Jersey
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, New Jersey ranks 9th out of the 50 states for overall health. There is a low prevalence of smoking among adults in New Jersey. In the past year, immunizations among children aged 19 to 35 months increased 14% from 67.2% to 76.5%, and in the past five years, infant mortality decreased 19% from 5.4 to 4.4 deaths per 1,000 live births.
However, there are challenges. A low per capita public health funding is amplified by a large disparity in health status by educational attainment. In the past three years, drug deaths increased 103% from 6.9 to 14.0 deaths per 100,000 population.
There is a high prevalence of physical inactivity, nearly 10% of the population is diabetic, and over 10% also experience mental and or physical stress. 245 deaths out of 100,000 people in New Jersey are cardiac related.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in New Jersey
In New Jersey, a wide variety of jobs require CPR certification. It’s not just the lifeguards on the shore or first responders this applies to either by law or employer mandate. Here are examples of a few such jobs which may require CPR certification:
- Head Start and early education teachers, daycare workers, nannies, babysitters, and all persons whose job is educating or caring for children.
- School athletic coaches, youth sports coaches, fitness trainers and anyone involved in providing guidance on exercise or physical activities.
- In the offices of doctors and dentists, all staff including front desk personnel, receptionists, administrators, technicians, and anyone that may have contact with patients.
- Anyone in the field of social work, charity workers, volunteers, and companions to the disabled and elderly.
- All employees of educational facilities, regardless of their position at the facility.
- Security personnel, police, firemen, anyone working with first responders, corrections officers, and all personnel that work with people under high stress and high stress situations.
- Logisticians, retail and food service workers, anyone in construction and manufacturing, and all employees who may have coworkers in need of aid.
- Crew and diving coaches, swimming instructors, water fitness trainers, and anyone working in an aquatic center or directing or supervising water related activities.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in New Jersey
In New Jersey, your CPR certification renewal will be due every two years. This can be accomplished online quickly and easily and will return you to full certified status.
Some employers may require that your renewal include passing a hands-on skills assessment which will require appearing in person. In these cases, you can do so at the testing site, usually for a small additional fee.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in New Jersey
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in New Jersey. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Atlantic Cape Community College
Atlantic City, NJ 08401
Borough of Manville Fire Department
Manville, NJ 08835
Phone: 908-725-9478 x112
Community Training Associates
Laurence Rosenberg Jr
little egg harbor, NJ 08087
CPR For Everyone
Washington, NJ 07882
Marlton, NJ 08053
Fire Rescue & Safety Training Services
Washington, NJ 07882
Mutual Aid Emergency Services
Absecon, NJ 08201
Neshanic BSA 1776
Hillsborough, NJ 08844
New Jersey Disaster Relief
New Gretna, NJ 08224
Oceanport First Aid Squad
Oceanport, NJ 07757
Orange, NJ 07050
RARITAN BAY MEDICAL CENTER
MICHELLE GOLBA NOREK
PERTH AMBOY, NJ 08861
Ready Response USA, Inc.
West Windsor, NJ 08550
Somerville, NJ 08876
Talent Stock LLC
Milford, NJ 08848
Tenafly, NJ 07670
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
New Jersey Online Health Information
15% Discount below.