15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in Nevada
Obtaining CPR certification in Nevada is quickly and efficiently achieved with an online course that allows you to study and take the test from anywhere, anytime. You can earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
CPR and AED protocols save lives that would otherwise be lost before help could arrive. Getting certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could help you be a lifesaver in an emergency as well. CPR training has been required for high school graduation in Nevada since the 2015-2016 school year.
State of Health in Nevada
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Nevada ranks 35th out of the 50 states for overall health. Nevadans experience a low prevalence of obesity and have a low rate of preventable hospitalizations. In the past few years, drug deaths decreased 7% from 22.4 to 20.9 deaths per 100,000 population, the number of children in poverty decreased 24% from 25.3% to 19.3%, and immunization is on the rise.
However, a low percentage of the population graduates high school, the state suffers from a high violent crime rate, and there is a high percentage of population without insurance. Low birth-weight rates have increased, which can lead to health issues (including cardiac problems) later in life.
There is some disparity in health status and 277 deaths out of 100,000 persons each year are due to cardiac arrest. The quick action of persons who have CPR experience saves many lives each year.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Nevada
In Nevada, you will quickly discover that many jobs require CPR certification. In some cases, it is by law, but most of the time it is an employer requirement. Either way, CPR certification is demanded much more often than you might think. Here are a few examples of jobs which may require it:
- All employees of aquatic centers such as diving and swimming coaches, water aerobics instructors, administrators and management, and anyone who may lead water related activities.
- In educational facilities, any employee that may be in contact with a student including but not limited to custodial staff, teachers, and administrators.
- All persons in jobs that deal with high stress situations and individuals such as firemen, police, corrections officers, and security details.
- Nannies, early educations teachers, babysitters, daycare staff, and anyone who is in the childcare industry.
- Administrators, receptionists, billing department personnel, and any staff working in the office of a doctor or dentist.
- Fitness trainers, personal trainers, volunteer and paid youth sports coaches, and anyone that is providing advice or guidance on physical activities.
- Social workers and their staff, companions to the elderly and disabled, charity volunteers and anyone that works with people under medical care or supervision.
- Anyone in the fields of construction and manufacturing, retail and food services, logistics, or anyone that may be in a career where coworkers may need assistance.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Nevada
In the state of Nevada, CPR certification renewal occurs every two years. You may accomplish this quickly and easily online, as it fits your schedule, and remain on full certified status.
Should you have an employer that requires passing a hands-on skills assessment, you may do this at the testing site nearest you. In some cases, a small additional fee will be charged for this.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Nevada
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Nevada. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Boy Scout Troop 1783
Fernley , NV 89408
BSA / Latham
Donald Latham II
Sparks, NV 89436
Las Vegas, NV 89121
Invictus Personal Protection
Las Vegas, NV 89122
Phone: 702 524-2195
Walker River Tribal Clinic/ EMS
Schurz, NV 89427
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Nevada Medical Resources
- Nevada Board of Medical Examiners
- University of Nevada School of Medicine
- Nevada Public Health Facts
15% Discount below.