15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in Nebraska
CPR certification in Nebraska can be quickly and efficiently acquired with an online course that allows you to study and take the test from anywhere, anytime. You can earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
CPR and AED knowledge can save lives that would otherwise be lost before help could arrive. Getting certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could mean being a lifesaver in an emergency. CPR training is not currently required for high school graduation in Nebraska.
State of Health in Nebraska
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Nebraska ranks 5th out in the nation for overall health. Nebraska can boast a low rate of drug deaths, low prevalence of low birth-weight, and low prevalence of frequent mental distress.
In the past few years, children in poverty decreased 18% from 18.3% to 15.0%, and the percentage of the population without health insurance decreased 30% from 12.8% to 9.0%.
However, residents of the state also face obstacles such as a high prevalence of excessive drinking, a high prevalence of obesity, and a high incidence of pertussis (likely linked to dropping immunization rates.)
In the past year, premature death increased 7% from 6,125 to 6,529 years lost per 100,000 population. over 31% of the population is obese, over 25% don't get enough exercise, and 17% smoke. 227 out of 100,000 people in Nebraska die yearly from cardiac related events.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Nebraska
In Nebraska, many jobs require CPR certification. It’s not just first responders and pool lifeguards this applies to, many industry carry this requirement. Here are a few examples of jobs you can expect CPR certification will be required for:
- Companions to the elderly and disabled, social workers, volunteers, charity workers, and anyone who may work with or be exposed to people with special needs.
- All employees in educational facilities with exposure to students, regardless of job title.
- People that work in high stress fields or with people that are under high stress or in stressful situations such as police, firemen and correctional officers.
- Staff in the offices of a doctor or dentist including receptionists, administrators, front desk workers and anyone potentially having contact with patients.
- Daycare staff, early education teachers and aides, nannies, baby sitters, and anyone in the childcare industry.
- Manufacturers, construction workers, skilled laborers, people in retail, and anyone that may be in contact with coworkers who may need assistance.
- Volunteer and professional athletic coaches, personal trainers, fitness trainers, and anyone that is providing guidance related to athletic and/or physical activities.
- Water aerobics instructors, swim and dive instructors, rowing coaches, and anyone employed in an aquatic center.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Nebraska
In Nebraska, you will need to renew your CPR/AED certification every two years. You can do this online from the comfort of your own home and maintain full certified status.
Should your employer require that you pass a hands-on skills assessment, you can do this at the testing site nearest you. A small additional fee will sometimes be charged.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Nebraska
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Nebraska. You can contact them directly to inquire.
SouthEast Community College
8800 O St.
Lincoln, NE 68520
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Nebraska Health Information Links
- Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services
- The Nebraska Medical Center
- Nebraska Public Health Facts
15% Discount below.