15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
Online CPR Certification in Mississippi
CPR certification in Mississippi can be completed with an online course that allows you to study and take your final certification test from anywhere as long as you have an internet hookup. You can earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
CPR and AED knowledge can save lives. In many cases, death from a cardiac event happens because aid did not arrive in time. Chances of survival go up if the patient makes it to the hospital. Getting certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could mean being a lifesaver in an emergency. CPR training has been required for high school graduation in Mississippi since the 2015-2016 school year.
State of Health in Mississippi
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Mississippi ranks last out of 50 states in the nation for overall health. While there is a comparatively low rate of drug deaths and prevalence of excessive drinking, and small disparity in health status by educational attainment, residents face many challenges.
Mississippians have a high prevalence of smoking, high percentage of children in poverty, high prevalence of low birth-weight, and the obesity and physical inactivity percentages are among the highest in the nation.
Diabetes has increased 19% from 12.4% to 14.7% of adults over a four-year period. 22.5% of adults in the state are smokers. All of these statistics put those affected at risk for a cardiac event.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Mississippi
In the state of Mississippi, a variety of jobs require CPR certification. In some cases, this is a matter of law, while in others it is employer preference. Jobs you can expect may require CPR certification include:
- All employees in the office of a doctor or dentist that may have patient contact including but not limited to, receptionists, billing department personnel, administrators, and technicians.
- Head Start teachers and their aides, nannies, babysitters, and all employees in a daycare facility.
- School and youth sports coaches and volunteers, personal fitness trainers, and anyone providing exercise and/or fitness guidance.
- All employees of aquatic centers, swim and dive coaches, water fitness trainers and anyone leading water related activities.
- Manufacturing and retail employees, skilled manual laborers, construction workers, and anyone who may have a coworker needing aid.
- All employees of educational facilities that may potentially have contact with students, regardless of job description and title.
- People working in fields with individuals in high stress situations such as corrections officers, police, and firemen.
- Companions to the elderly and disabled, both in and out of facilities, charity volunteers and anyone in the field of social work.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Mississippi
In Mississippi, CPR certification renewal occurs every two years. This may be done online from the comfort of your own home quickly and easily.
Should your employer require a hands-on skills assessment, this can be accomplished at the testing site, usually for no more than a small additional fee.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Mississippi
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Mississippi. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Gulfport, MS 39503
First In Training
Ashland, MS 38603
Securitas Security Services
Fort Wayne, IN 46804
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Mississippi Health Resources for Professionals
15% Discount below.