15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
Online CPR Certification in Michigan
Obtaining your CPR certification online in Michigan can be quick and simple with a course that you can study for and complete online from the comfort of your own couch. Certification and renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR can all be obtained online in Michigan.
Online certification in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could mean a difference between life and death in an emergency. Medical personnel and laypersons who have the right knowledge and skill to use the appropriate procedures have saved many lives each year. CPR training is also required for graduation in Michigan as of the 2017-2018 school year.
State of Health in Michigan
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, the percentage of Michigan residents with no health insurance is very low; over 92% of Michigan’s residents have insurance. Michigan also boasts a large number of primary care physicians per 100,000 residents compared to most states, with 185 physicians per 100,000 thousand residents. Unfortunately, 8.4% of live births in Michigan result in low birth-weight, which may cause health issues later in life.
The percentage of people in Michigan who smoke is 20.7%, and that is 3% lower than two years ago when 21.4% of adult residents of Michigan smoked. Unfortunately, this is still among the worst in the nation.
Sadly, cardiovascular episodes are the cause of many of the deaths in Michigan; for every 100,000 Michigan residents who die, 288.7 are the because of some cardiac issue. This is why it is so important for laypersons to obtain their CPR certification online in Michigan.
In Michigan, there are several factors which can add to the chances of a cardiac episode; Two of these factors are obesity and physical inactivity. 31.2% of Michigan’s adult population is obese, while 25.5% are physically inactive. Obtaining a CPR certification course online, along with AED training, will teach laypersons and medical professionals the most appropriate way to properly respond if there is a cardiac emergency.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Michigan
Emergency personnel, lifeguards, and medical professionals are often required by law or an employer to acquire CPR certification, but some other professions and jobs could require you to earn one or more than one online CPR certifications include:
- Coaches for school sports, youth athletics, fitness or personal trainers, and any others who might provide instruction or guidance as a volunteer or professional
- Babysitters, nannies, Head Start teachers, or any others who work with or around children
- Security or correctional officers, police, firemen, or any others who could be around people in emergency situations
- Anyone who might provide instruction or guidance with water sports or activities such as rowing or diving directors as well as aquatic instructors or directors
- All staff members in a dentists’ or doctors’ office who come in contact with patients, such as receptionists, front desk workers, administrators, and receptionists
- Workers in manufacturing, logistics, retail, construction, as well as all other industries where a client, coworker, or customer could need aid in an emergency
- All educational facility staff who come in contact with students such as support staff, maintenance, administrators, and teachers
- Anyone who works with the elderly and disabled such as in-facility or in-house companions, charity volunteers, and social workers
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Michigan
Your CPR/AED certification renewal in Michigan will be due every 2 years. This CPR certification renewal can be easily and quickly be completed by taking a CPR recertification online.
In some cases, your employer may require a hands-on skills test to be completed and passed for certification. In that case, your presence may be required in person at the testing site so you can complete this portion of the certification. There may be a small fee associated with this.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Michigan
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Michigan. You can contact them directly to inquire.
American Safety Educators
Ferndale , MI 48220
Devries EMS Training
Holland, MI 49423
Emergency Medical Education
Orion, MI 48359
Ferris State University
Big Rapids , MI 49307
Grand Rapids Healthcare Training
Grand Rapids, MI 49508
Life Savers LLC
Lansing, MI 48917
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Michigan Medical Resources for Health Professionals
- Michigan Department of Public Health
- Health Facts About the Michigan Population
- University of Michigan Medical School
15% Discount below.