15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in Maryland
Obtaining your CPR certification in Maryland can be quick and simple with an online course that you study for and complete from the comfort of your own couch. You can earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Being certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid might help your save someone's life in an emergency. Laypersons and medical personnel who have gained the needed knowledge and skills to perform the correct procedures have saved many lives year after year. CPR training has been required for high school graduation in Maryland since the 2014-2015 school year..
State of Health in Maryland
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, the percentage of the population of Maryland with no health insurance is very low; over 92% of Maryland’s residents are insured. Maryland also has more primary care physicians per 100,000 residents than most states, with over 179 physicians. However, the state does show a higher than average occurrence of low birthweight with 8.6% of live births per 1,000 which may cause health issues later in life.
The percentage of Maryland residents who smoke is 15.1%, and this number is 3% higher than it was a year ago when only 14.6% of adult Maryland residents smoked. Unfortunately, infant mortality has increased slightly over the same period of time, rising to 6.6 deaths per 1,000 live births. This is higher than most states.
Unfortunately, many deaths in Maryland are cardiac in nature; for every 100,000 people in Maryland who die, 252.5 will die from some cardiac related issue. This is why it is vital for laypersons to earn their CPR certification online in Maryland.
Several factors can increase the risk of a cardiac related event; Two important factors include physical inactivity and obesity. 24.1% of Maryland’s population is physically inactive, while 28.9% are obese. Completion of a CPR certification course with AED training online can help teach medical professionals as well as laypersons how to properly respond in the case of a cardiac emergency.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Maryland
Lifeguards, emergency personnel, and medical professionals are usually required by law or their employers to obtain CPR certification, but there are also other professions and jobs that could benefit. Some other jobs that could require you to obtain one or more online CPR certifications include:
● Security personnel, correctional officers, firemen, police and others who may be around people in stressful or emergency situations
● All members of the staff in a doctors’ or dentists’ office including receptionists, administrators, front desk workers, or any other people who might come into contact with patients
● Workers in manufacturing, retail, construction, logistics, or any other industries where a client, customer, or fellow worker might need emergency aid
● All staff members in any educational facility who may come in contact with students including administrators, teachers, maintenance, and support staff
● Anyone who works with the elderly or disabled such as social workers, charity volunteers, and in-facility or in-house “companions”
● School sports coaches, fitness or personal trainers, youth athletic coaches and any others who provides guidance or instructions as a professional or volunteer
● Nannies, babysitters, Head Start teachers, and anyone else who works around children
● Anyone who provides instruction and guidance in water sports or activities such as diving or rowing instructors and aquatic instructors or directors
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Maryland
Your Maryland CPR/AED certification will need to be renewed every 2 years. Your CPR certification renewal can be easily and quickly obtained by taking a CPR recertification online.
Sometimes, an employer could require that a hands-on skills test is completed and passed. In that case, you need to appear in person at the testing site so you can complete this portion of the certification. There could be a small fee associated with this.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Maryland
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Maryland. You can contact them directly to inquire.
4x4 MEDIC-Emergency Care Training Services
Westminster, MD 21157-7822
DejaVu Safety Solutions
Wilmington, DE 19803
Delmarva Emergency Training Concepts
Chestertown, MD 21620
Severn, MD 21144
Flintstone, MD 21530
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
● CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
● Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
● No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
● High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
● Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
● Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
● Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
● Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
● Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
● Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Maryland Websites and Health Resources
15% Discount below.