15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in Louisiana
Obtaining your CPR certification in Louisiana is fast and easy when you study for and take your test online. You can obtain or renew any combination of CPR / AED / First Aid certification at home on your own couch. You can also earn your online certification in Infant CPR, Bloodborne Pathogens, and even Babysitting.
Having your CPR, First Aid, Infant CPR, or AED certification might save a person’s life if you are ever in an emergency situation. Every year, medical professionals as well as laypersons with CPR certification save thousands of lives. Since 2014-2015, CPR training has been a high school graduation requirement in Louisiana.
State of Health in Louisiana
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, a very high percentage of Louisiana residents lack insurance; 13.4% of people in Louisiana are uninsured. Louisiana has few primary care physicians for its population. For every 100,000 residents of Louisiana, there are only 125.4 primary care physicians.
Over the past 2 years the percentage of obese adults in Louisiana that are obese has risen almost 9% to 36.2%, making it the most obese state in the nation. The percentage of Louisiana adults who are physically inactive has stayed about the same, but is still among the worst states at 31.9%. Together, these risk factors may have been a reason for the high number of cardiovascular deaths in Louisiana.
This could also mean there may be increased risk for more cardiac emergencies in Louisiana; this year, over 312 of every 100,000 deaths in Louisiana are due to a cardiovascular event. This makes it very important for laypersons to complete their CPR certification online in Louisiana, so that you can have the right skills and knowledge to help in an emergency.
By completing your CPR/AED and / or First Aid certification online in Louisiana, any layperson or professional can be prepared to save a life in an emergency situation.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Louisiana
CPR certification is not only expected lifeguards, emergency personnel, and medical professionals. Earning your CPR certification is very important to people in different professions as well, such as:
- Anyone working in childcare including babysitters, nannies, daycare personnel, or Head Start teachers
- Any staff member of an educational facility who spends time with students, including maintenance, support staff, teachers, and administrators
- Those working with the elderly or disabled such as social workers, charity volunteers, and in-home companions.
- School athletic directors, youth sports coaches, personal fitness trainers, or any others athletic instructors.
- Police, security personnel, firemen, or other professionals who may be near civilians during a stressful situation
- Any staff members in a dentists’ or doctors’ office who may encounter patients including any receptionists, front desk employees, and administrators
- Diving and rowing directors, aquatic instructors, and anyone else involved in water sports and activities.
- Logistics, retail workers, manufacturing, construction, and other industries in which a customer, client, or fellow worker may need aid in an emergency
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Louisiana
Your CPR/AED certification will be up for renewal in Louisiana every 2 years. You can go back to being fully certified quickly and easily by obtaining recertification online.
There may be some cases in which your employer may require you to complete and pass a hands-on skills test. In these cases, you will need to appear at the testing site in person in order to complete this certification. There could be a small additional fee involved.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Louisiana
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Louisiana. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Bayou Emergency Response Training & Safety (BERTS)
Lake Charles, LA 70605
SnS Training Specialists, LLC
Pride, LA 70770
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online in Louisiana provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Louisiana Resources for Medical Professionals
15% Discount below.