15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in Kentucky
Obtaining your CPR certification online in Kentucky is very simple and convenient when you study for and complete an online course at any time, from anywhere. You can study and get certified or renew your certification in CPR / AED / First Aid online, or choose online certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR in Kentucky.
Getting certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid may help you save a person’s life. Laypersons obtaining their Kentucky CPR certification online can learn the skills and knowledge that can help in an emergency. CPR training is available in many school districts in Kentucky, and may soon be required for graduation.
State of Health in Kentucky
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, 7% of the residents of Kentucky do not have insurance. Kentucky has one of the lower populations of uninsured residents in the country. The amount of primary care physicians per 100,000 people in Kentucky is lower than most other states. For every 100,000 residents of Kentucky, there are only 117.7 primary care physicians.
25.9% of adults in Kentucky smoke which is 2% lower than two years ago when 26.5% of adults smoked, but is still the highest in the nation. Kentucky has 6.7 infant deaths for every 1,000 live births, which is among the highest in the country. This has not changed since last year.
Unfortunately, the cause of many deaths in Kentucky is cardiovascular in nature; for every 100,000 deaths in Kentucky, 297.8 will die from a cardiac event. Having more people achieving their CPR certification online in Kentucky could save lives.
Two factors which can increase the chances of cardiovascular death are physical inactivity and obesity, and Kentucky is among the worst in both. In Kentucky, 32.5% of the population is physically inactive, and 34.6% are obese.
These factors might mean that laypersons as well as medical personnel could find themselves in an emergency at any time. Gaining the knowledge to respond properly by completing a CPR certification course online with AED training in Kentucky could be crucial to saving a life.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Kentucky
Medical professionals, emergency personnel, and lifeguards can be expected to obtain CPR certification, but they are not the only jobs where people should earn their CPR certification. You should also consider obtaining your CPR certification online in you are a worker in any of these positions:
- Volunteers or professionals who work with the elderly or disabled, including social or charity workers, as well as in-facility or in-house companions.
- Any staff members of an educational facility who ever come in contact with students including maintenance, support staff, teachers, and administration
- Receptionists, administrators, front desk personnel, and any other members of a doctors’ or dentists’ office who might interact even briefly with patients
- Manufacturing personnel, retail employees, logistics professionals, construction workers, and other jobs where fellow workers, clients, or customers may need help in an emergency
- Instructors for water related activities such as diving and rowing, or other aquatic directors or instructors
- Volunteers or professionals who work with children including babysitters, nannies, daycare employees, and Head Start teachers
- Corrections officers and security personnel, police officers, firemen, and other professionals who deal with people in stressful and emergency situations
- Professionals or volunteers involved in youth athletics and sports, such as personal fitness trainers or coaches
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Kentucky
You will be required to renew your CPR/AED certification every two years in Kentucky. This process is quick and simple when you renew your certification online.
At times, some employers might require that you complete a hands-on skills test. If this is the case, you will be required to appear in person so you can complete your certification at the testing site. Sometimes there could be a nominal fee associated with the test.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Kentucky
The following facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Kentucky. You can contact them directly to inquire about their programs.
Emergency Medical Training Professionals
Lexington, KY 40504
Phone: 859 327 3687
Jefferson County Search Dog Association
Louisville, KY 40228
Nelson Emergency Training
Madisonville, KY 42431
LaGrange, KY 40031-8586
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online in Kentucky provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Kentucky Links for Medical Providers
- CDC - Health Information about Kentucky
- University of Kentucky Medical School
- Kentucky Medical Board
15% Discount below.