15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
Online CPR Certification in Iowa
Obtaining your CPR certification online in Iowa can be fast and simple with a course that you can study for on your own time and complete when it is convenient. You can earn CPR / AED / First Aid certification as well as renewal, and add more certifications in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification if desired.
Being certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid may be the difference between life and death in an emergency. Laypersons and medical personnel who have the skills and knowledge to perform the appropriate procedures have saved lives every year. CPR training in Iowa has been a high school graduation requirement since 2008.
State of Health in Iowa
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Iowa has a very low percentage of population without health insurance; a majority of residents of Iowa are insured. Iowa has a significantly smaller number of primary care physicians than most states, which may lead to serious health issues later in life.
Over the past two years, the percentage of adult residents of Iowa who smoke has gone down by 3%; only 17.5% of Iowa adults are smokers this year, compared to 18.1% who were smokers one year ago. Infant mortality has also decreased over the same period of time by 10%; there were 4.8 deaths per 1,000 live births last year in Iowa, compared to 4.5 deaths per 1,000 live births this year.
Sadly, cardiovascular deaths have increased by nearly 3% over the previous two years; for every 100,000 people who died in Iowa, 251.7 where from a cardiac related event (increased from 245.4 in 2014.) This is an important reason to increase the amount of laypersons with CPR certification in Iowa.
Many factors can increase the risk of a cardiac event; Two important ones are obesity (32.1% of Iowa residents are obese) and physical inactivity (26.3% of Iowa residents are physically inactive). Finishing an online CPR certification course, especially one which includes AED training, may help laypersons and medical personnel know how to properly respond in the case of a cardiac episode.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Iowa
It’s not just medical professionals, lifeguards, and emergency personnel who are required by law or their employer to have their CPR certification. Some other jobs that may require you to obtain one or several types of online CPR certification might include:
- School athletic coaches, fitness or personal trainers, youth sports coaches, and others who provide guidance or instruction as a professional or professional
- Aquatic directors or instructors, diving or rowing instructors, and any others who provide guidance or instructions for water sports or activities
- Correctional officers, security personnel, police, firemen and others who work around people who may be experiencing a stressful situation
- Workers in manufacturing, retail, construction, logistics, and other industries where aid might be urgently needed for a client, customer, or fellow worker
- In-facility or in-house “companions”, social workers, charity volunteers, or anyone else who works around the elderly or disabled
- Nannies, babysitters, daycare workers, Head Start teachers, and anyone else who works with children
- Any staff members working in dentists’ or doctors’ offices, including administrators, receptionists, and front desk workers, who could regular see with patients
- Any staff members in an educational facility who is ever in contact with students such as maintenance, support staff, administrators, and teachers.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Iowa
Your CPR/AED certification will have to be renewed in Iowa every 2 years. You can obtain your CPR renewal online swiftly and be fully certified again.
In some cases, some employers may require that you complete a hands-on skills test.You may need to appear in person at a testing site so you can complete this portion of the certification. There could be a small additional fee associated with this.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Iowa
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Iowa. You can contact them directly to ask about class schedules.
Eastern Iowa EMS
Marion, IA 52302-4751
North Iowa Training Center
Clarion, IA 50525
The Pet Sitters LLC
Iowa City, IA 52240
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Iowa Health Resources Online
15% Discount below.