15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
Online CPR Certification in Illinois
Obtaining your CPR certification online in Illinois is very simple and also convenient when you study for and complete an online course on your own time. You can get certified or renew your certification online in CPR / AED / First Aid with zero hassle, and you can also obtain online certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR as well.
Being certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could potentially help you save a life. Laypersons and medical personnel obtaining their CPR certification online can learn the knowledge and skills which can allow them to help in an emergency. Beginning in 2015-2016, CPR training became a requirement to graduate high school in Illinois.
State of Health in Illinois
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, 8.4% of Illinois residents are uninsured. Illinois has a higher population of uninsured residents than almost half the country. The amount of primary care physicians per 100,000 people Is higher in Illinois than most states. For every 100,000 residents of Illinois, there are 169.5 primary care physicians.
15.1% of adult residents of Illinois smoke, which is over 16% lower than two years ago when 18% of adults smoked. Illinois has 6.3 infant deaths per 1,000 live births, which is 4.7% higher than last year when it was 6 deaths per 1,000 live births.
Sadly, cardiovascular events are the cause of many deaths in Illinois; for every 100,000 people living in Illinois, 253.8 will die from a cardiac event. For this reason, obtaining your CPR certification online is crucial for laypersons in Illinois.
Two factors which can increase the chance of cardiovascular death are physical inactivity and obesity. In Illinois, 24.8% of the people are physically inactive, and 30.8% are obese. These factors could increase the chances that laypersons and medical personnel might find themselves in an emergency situation, so obtaining the skills to properly respond by completing a CPR certification course with AED training is very important in Illinois.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Illinois
Medical professionals, emergency personnel, and lifeguards are expected to obtain CPR certification, but others may be required to obtain their CPR certification in order to become or stay employed. You could be required to earn your CPR certification online in you are in any of these positions:
- Retail employees, construction workers, logistics professionals, manufacturing personnel, and other positions where customers, clients, or fellow workers may need aid in an emergency
- Professionals or volunteers who work with children, including Head Start teachers, daycare employees, babysitters, and nannies.
- Rowing and diving instructors, as well as instructors and directors in other aquatic activities.
- Corrections officers and security personnel, police, firemen, and other professionals who deal with stressful situations.
- All staff members of any educational facility who may will be interacting with students including teachers, administration, maintenance, and support staff
- Front desk personnel, receptionists, administrators and any other member of a doctors’ or dentists’ office who might help with patients
- Professionals and volunteers involved in youth athletics and sports including coaches, and personal fitness trainers
- Volunteers and professionals who work with the elderly or disabled, including charity volunteers, social workers, and in-house and in-facility companions.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Illinois
It is required that you renew your CPR/AED certification every two years in Illinois. This is a fast and easy process with online CPR certification and renewal.
Some employers might require completion of a hands-on skills test. In this case, you will have to appear at the testing site in person in order to complete certification. Sometimes there could be a small fee associated with this.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Illinois
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Illinois. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Compliance Safety Consulting
Gurnee, IL 60031
East Dundee, IL 60118
Glenwood Fire Department
Glenwood, IL 60425
Jim’s Wilderness First Aid
Libertyville, IL 60048
Link II Life, Inc.
Chicago, IL 60647
Live Free-USA (Medical Team)
Peotone, IL 60468
M & M Training
Champaign, IL 61821
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online in Illinois provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Illinois Online Medical Resources
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Illinois Medical Board
- University of Illinois College of Medicine
15% Discount below.