15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in Hawaii
Earning online CPR certification in Hawaii can be quick and simple with an online course that you can study for and complete from the comfort of your own couch. Obtaining CPR / AED / First Aid certification or renewal is easy, as well as certifications in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR.
Having your certification in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could be the difference between life and death. Laypersons who have gained the knowledge and skills to perform in an emergency save many lives every year. Currently, Hawaii does not require CPR certification for high school graduation, but this could change at any time.
State of Health in Hawaii
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Hawaii has a very low percentage of the population that is uninsured; most residents of the state have insurance. Hawaii can also claim a larger number of primary care physicians than most states. However, Hawaii also has a higher prevalence of low birth-weight than many states and is among the worst in excessive drinking, which can lead to health issues for many people.
Over the last two years, the percentage of Hawaiian adults who smoke has increased by close to 6%; 14.1% of adults report that they smoke this year, while only to 13.3% did so two years ago. Sadly, infant mortality has also increased by 7% over the same time period; there were 5.1 deaths per 1,000 live births two years ago, compared to 5.5 today.
Unfortunately, cardiovascular deaths have increased by 4% from two years ago; for every 100,000 residents of Hawaii, 206.6 die from some cardiac related event. Two years ago, it was 199.1 for every 100,000 residents. This is why it is important to increase the number of laypersons as well as medics with CPR training in Hawaii.
Many factors can increase the chances of a cardiac related event; obesity and physical inactivity are two important ones. In Hawaii, 22.7% of adults are obese, and 22.5% are physically inactive. Medical personnel and laypersons will know how to respond if there is a cardiac emergency by completing an online CPR certification course, especially if it includes AED training.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Hawaii
It’s not just emergency personnel, lifeguards, and medical professionals who may be required to be CPR certified. Some jobs that could require you to obtain one or more types of online CPR certification may include:
- Workers in retail, manufacturing, logistics, construction and other industries where a customer, client, or coworker might require aid
- Security personnel, correctional officers, firemen, police, and others professionals who may be near stressful situations
- All staff members who work in an educational facility who may be in contact with students such as support staff, maintenance, teachers, and administration
- All staff members in dentists’ or doctors’ offices, who may be around patients including receptionists, administrators, and front desk workers
- Babysitters, nannies, Head Start teachers, daycare workers, and any other person who works with or around children and infants
- Those who work with the elderly or disabled such as in-house or in-facility companions, charity volunteers, and social workers.
- Aquatic instructors or directors, diving or rowing instructors, or others who provide guidance or instruction in water related activities
- Personal or fitness trainers, school athletic coaches, youth sports coaches, or anyone else who provides guidance or instruction as a volunteer or professional
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Hawaii
Your CPR/AED certification renewal in Hawaii will be required every 2 years. Obtaining online CPR recertification is easy and can you can be fully certified again.
At times, your employer could require that you pass a hands-on skills test. If this is the case, you will have to appear in person at a testing site to complete this section of the certification for a small additional fee.The following resource can be contacted for more information on skills testing.
1188 Bishop Street Suite 1110, Honolulu HI 96813
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Hawaii Medical and Health Online Websites:
- Hawaii Department of Public Health
- University of Hawaii School of Medicine
- Hawaii Public Health Facts
15% Discount below.