15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
CPR Certification in Alaska
CPR certification in Alaska can be easily obtained and at your own convenience when you study and take your test online. Any combination of CPR / AED / First Aid certification or renewal can be obtained, as well as complete certification online in Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, and even Babysitting certification.
Earning your CPR, First Aid, Infant CPR, or AED certification might help you save a person’s life in an emergency. Laypersons and medical personnel rescue thousands of people every year with the right training. Alaska does not have a state law requiring CPR training in school, but it may be offered at your school or district.
State of Health in Alaska
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Alaska has a very high percentage of the population lacking health insurance; a significant number of residents in the state are uninsured. Alaska also ranks in the bottom half of states for the number of primary care physicians in relation to the population, at 134.1 per 100,000 people.
Over the past 24 months, the percentage of adults in Alaska who smoke has decreased by over 15%; 19.1% of adults now report that they smoke, compared to 22.6% two years ago. While obesity in Alaska is just barely in the bottom half of the country at 29.8%, Alaska is 48th in the state in excessive drinking.
Taken together, these factors could pose a serious risk for more incidents of cardiac arrest; the state is near the bottom third in premature deaths. Only 66% of children in Alaska receive all their immunizations, and it is also 27th for infant mortality. All of these factors contribute to health issues later in life.
By completing an online CPR/AED and / or First Aid course, you can be prepared to handle an emergency health situation such as a cardiac event if one arises near you.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Alaska
While we all know that some professionals such as emergency personnel, medical professionals, and lifeguards need CPR training, it can also be helpful to have CPR Certification in other professions. You might need CPR certification if you are:
- Anyone who cares for children, including those in home child care as well as those who work in or run day care facilities; elementary, middle school or Head Start teachers; and nannies and babysitters
- Someone who works in a doctor’s or dentist’s office, including reception area workers, financial specialists, administrators, and anyone else who comes in contact with patients
- Any kind of emergency or law enforcement personnel, including firemen, police, security, correctional officers, and others who could be around someone experiencing an emergency
- Summer camp volunteers, directors and instructors at any indoor or outdoor aquatic facilities; and coaches or instructors for water activities such as diving or rowing
- A person who comes in contact with the disabled or elderly, including social workers, candy stripers, charity volunteers, or “companions”
- Any of the following: personal trainers or fitness trainers in gyms; youth sports or athletics coaches; and professional or volunteer staff at marathons or fun runs
- Anyone who works in a learning institution such as a school or university and comes into contact with students
- A worker in the field including those in industries like construction, logistics, manufacturing, or retail (you never know when aid may need to be rendered)
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Alaska
Your CPR/AED recertification will be required in Alaska every 2 years. You can renew your CPR certification online quickly and easily in order to stay fully certified.
In some cases, an employer may require a hands-on skills test to be completed and passed. In such cases, you will have to appear in person at a testing site and complete this portion of the certification (most sites charge a small additional fee.)
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Alaska
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Alaska. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Intensive Medical Inc.
Clermont, FL 34711
Scott A Fergusson
Auke Bay, AK 99821
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online in Alaska provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Public Health and Medical Websites for Alaska
15% Discount below.