15% Discount below.
Choose Your Courses Below:
Online CPR Certification in Alabama
Obtaining online CPR certification in the state of Alabama can be quick and simple when you enroll and study in a course online from the comfort of your own home. CPR / AED / First Aid certification or renewal as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification can all be obtained in the online course.
In an emergency, having certification in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid can mean saving a person’s life, just as many laypersons who have the skills and knowledge to perform the right procedures do every year. In Alabama, CPR training has been a high school requirement since 1984..
State of Health in the Alabama
According to the America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Alabama ranks 42nd for number of primary care physicians in relation to the population, meaning there is a serious lack of professionals and health care needs are not being met. Alabama also ranks in the bottom third of states for people without health insurance; over 11% of the state's population is uninsured. Alabama also has a very high instance of low birthweight at over 10%, ranking 48th.
Over the past three years, the percentage of adults in Alabama who smoke has decreased by 10%; only 21.4% of adults report that they smoke now, compared to 23.8% five years ago. Both years are higher than the national average. The infant mortality rate is 49th worst in the nation at 8.7 deaths per 1,000 live births. This is down from 9.7 deaths per 1,000 live births 5 years ago, showing an improvement of over 10% in that time.
Over 330 people in the state of Alabama will suffer a cardiovascular death for every 100,000 people in the population. This risk is elevated because over 35% of adults in Alabama is also obese. These are good examples of why there is a need laypersons with CPR training in Alabama.
Online CPR certification courses which can include AED training can be helpful tools in teaching laypersons as well as medical personnel how to properly respond when facing a cardiac event.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Alabama
Lifeguards, medical professionals, and emergency personnel are usually expected to obtain CPR certification, but there are many other jobs that could require it as well. Some of these jobs might include:
- Diving or rowing instructors, aquatic directors, and any other role which involves giving guidance or instruction for water activities
- Anyone who works with children such as nannies, daycare workers, Head Start teachers, or babysitters
- Any youth or school athletic coaches, personal or fitness trainers, or anyone else providing guidance or instruction, whether professional or volunteer
- Regardless of job function, any staff member in an educational facility who can come into contact with students
- Any position working in construction, manufacturing, logistics, retail, or anything else where a fellow worker may need aid
- Volunteers for charity, social workers or other in-house or in-facility “companions” to the elderly or disabled
- All doctors’ or dentists’ offices staff members including receptionists, front desk workers, and administrators who may interact with patients
- Firemen, correctional officers, police, and other emergency personnel who may be in contact with stressful people in difficult situations
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Alabama
Your CPR/AED certification will need to be renewed in Alabama every 2 years. Online certification can be obtained easily in order to stay up to date.
In some cases, you may have to appear in person at a testing site to complete a hands-on skills test required by your employer, which may carry a small fee.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Alabama
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Alabama. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Coastal Emergency Medical Skills
Spanish Fort, AL 36527
Intensive Medical Inc.
Clermont, FL 34711
Priority Medical Training
Harvest, AL 35749
Troop 15, Boy Scouts of America
Auburn, AL 36830-2576
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online in Alabama provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Alabama Medical and Public Health Resources
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- UAB School of Medicine
- CDC - Alabama Health Facts
- University of Alabama
15% Discount below.