Online CPR Certification in South Dakota
Obtaining your CPR certification in South Dakota can be quick and simple with an online course that you study for and complete from the comfort of your own couch. You can earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Laypersons and medical personnel have saved many lives year after year. Being certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid might help you save someone's life in an emergency as well. CPR training is not currently required for high school graduation in South Dakota.
State of Health in South Dakota
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, South Dakota ranks 24th in the nation for overall health. Residents experience a low rate of drug deaths and low prevalence of frequent mental distress, and there are low levels of air pollution. However, challenges exist such as low immunization coverage among adolescents, a low number of primary care physicians in relation to the population, and a high incidence of infectious disease.
Over the past decade, drug deaths increased 8% from 6.1 to 6.6 deaths per 100,000 population, and violent crime increased 114% from 179 to 383 offenses per 100,000 population. Fortunately, infant mortality decreased 16% from 7.4 to 6.2 deaths per 1,000 live births.
Over 30% of the population of South Dakota is obese, but only 20% do not get enough physical activity. 20% smoke; almost 18% drink to excess, and less than 10% have diabetes. There are on average 233 deaths per 100,000 people each year due to cardiac arrest in South Dakota.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in South Dakota
In South Dakota, you will find that many job positions require a current CPR certification either by law or employer mandate. Here are a few such jobs:
- Anyone working in a school or educational facility of any kind if they may come into contact with students in any capacity.
- Police, fire fighters, corrections officers and anyone working in a high stress environment in which someone being in need of aid is likely.
- Physical trainers, coaches, referees, athletic directors, and those who are involved in overseeing or facilitating physical activities.
- Retail and manufacturing workers, people in the construction trades, or anyone who is in a job in which a co-worker may need assistance.
- Professions focused on the care of children, such as nannies, baby sitters, Head Start teachers, and daycare workers.
- Anyone involved with aquatic activities such as lifeguards, swimming instructors, diving coaches and pool managers and staff.
- Administrators, receptionists, technicians and anyone working in the office of a doctor or dentist who may be in contact with patients.
- Social workers, caregivers, in home companions and aides to the elderly and disabled.
- Anyone in a profession where a co-worker may need aid such as construction, manufacturing, retail, or logistics.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in South Dakota
Your South Dakota CPR/AED certification will need to be renewed every 2 years; the CPR certification renewal can be complied with by taking a CPR recertification online.
Some employers may require a hands-on skills test to be completed and passed. In that case, you need to appear in person at the testing site so you can complete this portion of the certification. This may incur an additional small fee from the testing site.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in South Dakota
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in South Dakota. You can contact them directly to inquire.
South Dakota Safety Council
1108 N. West Avenue
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57104
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Websites for South Dakota Medical Professionals
- South Dakota Department of Health
- University of South Dakota Medical School
- South Dakota Medical Board