Online CPR Certification in South Carolina
Obtaining your CPR certification in South Carolina can be completed quickly and with minimal expense and trouble by taking an online course that allows you to you study and test from your own home. You can rapidly earn certification or renewal in CPR / AED / First Aid, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Laypersons and medical personnel have saved many lives each year. Being certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could help you save someone's life in an emergency as well. CPR training will be required for high school graduation in South Carolina for the 2017-2018 school year.
State of Health in South Carolina
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, South Carolina ranks 42nd in the nation for overall health. Residents benefit from a low prevalence of excessive drinking, a low incidence of pertussis, and a low rate of preventable hospitalizations.
However, many problems exist, including a high incidence of infectious disease, a low immunization coverage among adolescents, and a high prevalence of low birthweight (which can lead to health issues later in life).
On the upside, over the past few years, smoking decreased 8% from 21.5% to 19.7% of adults. Infant mortality decreased 23% from 8.7 to 6.7 deaths per 1,000 live births. Sadly, 20% of the population are smokers, obesity stands at 30%, and 26% of the population doesn't get enough physical exercise - all hallmarks of heightened cardiac risk.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in South Carolina
In South Carolina, CPR certification is a standard requirement for numerous jobs. In some cases, this is by legal decree, and in others it is a requirement by individual employers. These jobs may include the following:
- The staff of doctor and dentist offices including technicians, receptionists, administrators, and anyone that could be exposed to patients.
- Anyone employed in any form of school or educational facility that may be in contact with students.
- Fire fighters, police, security professionals and anyone that works in a field which has exposure to individuals and situations which are high stress.
- Athletic coaches, both professional and volunteer, fitness trainers, athletic directors and anyone involved in physical activity instruction.
- Anyone in a field centered on childcare such as nannies, babysitters, and daycare workers.
- Construction workers, manufacturers, laborers, and people working in retail as well as anyone who may be in a profession where a co-worker may need aid.
- Social workers, charity volunteers, aid companions and anyone working with people under care, the elderly or disabled.
- Swimming instructors, managers and personnel at aquatic centers and anyone that provides guidance for activities in or around the water.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in South Carolina
Your South Carolina CPR/AED certification will need to be renewed every 2 years; the CPR certification renewal can be complied with by taking a CPR recertification online.
Some employers may require a hands-on skills test to be completed and passed. This may incur an additional small fee from the testing site. In these cases, you need to appear in person at the testing site so you can complete this portion of the certification.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in South Carolina
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in South Carolina. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Empower Training Group
Greer, SC 29650
Sumter, SC 29150
Southeastern Training Associates
North Augusta, SC 29841
The Breath of Life CPR
Goose Creek, SC 29445
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
South Carolina Medical Resources
- South Carolina Board of Medical Examiners
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine
- South Carolina Department of Health