Online CPR Certification in Maine
Obtaining your CPR certification online in Maine can be quick and easy with a course that you study for and complete from your own home. You can obtain CPR / AED / First Aid certification and even renewal, along with certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Having your certification in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid could help your save a life in an emergency situation. Laypersons who have learned the needed skills and knowledge to perform these procedures save many lives every year. CPR training in Maine may also be required for graduation in some school districts.
State of Health in Maine
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, the percentage of the Maine population without health insurance is very low; most of Maine’s residents are insured. Maine also has a larger number of primary care physicians per 100,000 people than many states, with over 183 physicians. However, the state does have a higher than average prevalence of low birthweight, which can cause health problems later in life.
Over the last four years, the percentage of Maine residents who smoke has decreased by 4%; only 19.5% of adults in Maine report that they smoke now, compared to 20.3% who said the same four years ago. Maine is still one of the highest states, despite this decrease. Unfortunately, infant mortality has increased by 20% over the same time period, rising from 5.5 last four years ago to 6.9 deaths per 1,000 live births.
Unfortunately, cardiovascular deaths have increased slightly by 2% over the past two years; for every 100,000 residents of Maine who die, 220.8 die from some cardiac related issue (this compares to only 215.4 in 2014.) This is why it is important to increase the amount of laypersons with CPR certification in Maine.
Many factors may increase the chances of a cardiac related event; Some important ones include physical inactivity and obesity. 24.8% of Maine residents are physically inactive, while 30% of Maine residents are obese. Completing a CPR certification course online with AED training can help teach laypersons as well as medical personnel how to respond properly in the case of a cardiac emergency.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Maine
Not only emergency personnel, lifeguards, and medical professionals are required by law or their employers to obtain CPR certification. Some other jobs that could require you to acquire one or more online CPR certifications include:
- Security personnel, correctional officers, firemen, police and others who may be around people in stressful or emergency situations
- Any staff members in dentists’ or doctors’ office including receptionists, front desk workers administrators, and any others who could come in contact with patients
- Those who work with the disabled or elderly such as charity volunteers, social workers, in-house or in-facility “companions”
- Personal or fitness trainers, school athletic coaches, youth sports coaches and others who may provide guidance or instructions as a volunteer or professional
- Workers in retail, manufacturing, logistics, construction, and any other industries where a customer, a client, or a fellow worker might need aid in an emergency
- Any staff members in an educational facility who comes into contact with students including maintenance, support staff, teachers, and administrators
- Babysitters, nannies, Head Start teachers, or anyone else who works with children
- Aquatic instructors or directors, diving or rowing instructors, and others who provide guidance or instruction in water sports or activities
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Maine
Your CPR/AED certification renewal will be required in Maine every 2 years. Your CPR certification renewal can be obtained easily by taking a CPR recertification online.
At times, your employer could require that you pass a hands-on skills test. If this is the case, you will be required to appear in person at a testing site in order to complete this portion of the certification. There may be a small fee associated with this.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Maine
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Maine. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Community Life Safety
Montville, ME 04941
On Point Education
Addison, ME 04606
Pine Tree Council
Raymond, ME 04071
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Maine Online Resources for Medical Providers