Online CPR Certification in Indiana
Obtaining CPR certification online in Indiana can be quick and simple with a course which you study for and complete from any place with an internet connection. You can earn CPR / AED / First Aid certification or renewal, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR certification.
Being certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid can be the difference between life and death. Laypersons who have the knowledge and skills to perform the correct procedures save lives every year. CPR training in Indiana has been required for all students graduating high school in the 2015-2016 educational year.
State of Health in Indiana
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Indiana has a high percentage of residents without health insurance; many residents of Indiana are uninsured. Indiana also has a much lower number of primary care physicians than many states. Additionally, Indiana also has a high prevalence of low birthweight, which may lead to serious health issues later in life.
Over the past year, the percentage of adults in Indiana who report that they smoke has gone down by 10%; only 20.6% of adults reported that they smoke this year, compared to 22.9% one year ago. Infant mortality has increased over the same time period by 3%; there were 7 deaths per 1,000 live births last year, versus 7.2 deaths per 1,000 live births this year.
Sadly, cardiovascular deaths have increased slightly over the previous two years; for every 100,000 deaths in Indiana, 277.1 are from a cardiac related event (up from 275.4 in 2014.) This is a very good reason to increase the number of people with CPR training in Indiana.
Many factors can increase the risk of a cardiac event; These can include obesity (31.3% of Indiana residents are obese) and physical inactivity (29.4% of Indiana residents are physically inactive). Completion of an online CPR certification course, especially one which include AED training, can help medical personnel and laypersons learn how to properly respond in the case of a cardiac emergency.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Indiana
It’s not just emergency personnel, lifeguards, and medical professionals who are required by law or their employer to obtain CPR certification. Some other jobs that might require you to obtain one or more types of online CPR certification could include:
- Fitness or personal trainers, school athletic coaches, youth sports coaches, and others who provide guidance or instruction as a volunteer or professional
- Aquatic instructors or directors, diving or rowing instructors, and others who provide guidance or instructions in water sports or activities
- Security personnel, correctional officers, firemen, police, and others who may be in contact with people experiencing stressful situations
- Workers in retail, manufacturing, logistics, construction, and other industries where aid may be required by a customer, client, or fellow worker
- In-facility or in-house “companions”, charity volunteers, social workers, and anyone else who works with the elderly or disabled
- Babysitters, nannies, Head Start teachers, daycare workers, or anyone else who works around children and infants daily
- All staff members in dentists’ or doctors’ offices, including receptionists, administrators, and front desk workers who interact with patients
- All staff members in an educational facility with student contact, such as support staff, maintenance, teachers, and administrators.
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Indiana
Your CPR/AED certification will need to be renewed in Indiana every 2 years. You can obtain CPR recertification online quickly and return to being fully certified.
In some cases, some employers may require that you complete a hands-on skills test, for which your appearance in person at a testing site for completion of this portion of the certification is required. There may be a small additional fee associated with this.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Indiana
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Indiana. You can contact them directly to inquire.
CPR Institute of Indiana
Nineveh, IN 46164
Health and Safety by Tresa
Dyer, IN 46311
Jeffersonville, IN 47131-4333
Swanson Primary Center
South Bend , IN 46635
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Indiana Online Medical Websites and Information