Online CPR Certification in Colorado
You can obtain CPR certification online in Colorado easily and quickly by studying and completing a course from the comfort of your own home. It’s possible to earn CPR / AED / First Aid certification or renewal, as well as certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR as well.
You might be in a situation where someone’s life is on the line, and being certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid can make all the difference. Laypersons can gain the skills and knowledge needed to save lives in an urgent situation by getting CPR certification online. CPR training is offered in some Colorado school districts for high school students to learn these valuable skills..
State of Health in Colorado
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, Colorado has a higher percentage of the population without health insurance than about half of the country; 9.2% of Colorado residents are uninsured. Colorado also has a lower number of primary care physicians than about half the country as well. There are only 136.3 primary care physicians per 100,000 people living in Colorado.
15.6% of adults in Colorado smoke, and that is about the same amount as last year; 15.7% of adults reported that they smoked then. Colorado is among the lowest in the country in infant mortality rates, at only 4.9 deaths per 1,000 live births. That’s also about the same as last year.
Unfortunately, many deaths in Colorado are due to a cardiovascular event; for every 100,000 people in the population, 199.3 will die from a cardiac related event. This is a great reason for laypersons to earn online CPR certification in Colorado.
Factors like physical inactivity and obesity can increase the risk of a cardiac episode; 17.9% of Colorado residents are physically inactive, and 20.2% are obese. Medical personnel and laypersons can know how to correctly respond to an emergency by completing a CPR certification course online, and one that includes AED training would be even more helpful.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in Colorado
Lifeguards, medical professionals, and emergency personnel are not the only ones who should be expected to obtain CPR certification. Other jobs in which online CPR certification would be helpful could include:
- Water related activities instruction providers such as diving, rowing, and aquatic instructors or directors.
- Those involved in youth sports and athletics such as coaches, personal fitness trainers, and other volunteers and professionals.
- Logistics professionals, construction workers, manufacturing and retail employees, and other professions where a customer, client, or colleague may need help in an emergency
- Police and corrections officers, security personnel, firemen, and other professionals who may see people in a stressful or emergency situation.
- Those who work with children such as daycare workers, babysitters, nannies, and Head Start teachers
- Professionals or volunteers who work with the disabled or elderly, such as in-house or in-facility companions, charity volunteers, and social workers.
- Any staff educational facility staff members who come in contact with children such as teachers, maintenance, support staff, and administration.
- Front desk personnel, receptionists, administrators, and any other members of a doctors’ or dentists’ office who could have contact with patients
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in Colorado
You will need to renew your CPR/AED certification in Colorado every 2 years. Recertifying is very simple and easy with online CPR certification.
Some employers may require completion of a hands-on skills test. In this case, it will be necessary to appear at the testing site in person in order to complete certification. There may be a small fee associated with this.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in Colorado
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in Colorado. You can contact them directly to inquire.
Grand Junction , CO 81503
Front Range Institute of Safety
Fort Collins, CO 80524
K-9 Search and Rescue Team, Inc.
Dolores, CO 81323-9187
Colorado Springs, CO 80920
Troop 12 Fort Collins
Fort Collins, CO 80521
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online in Colorado provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
Colorado Online Health Websites and Resources
- Colorado Department of Public Health
- Colorado University School of Medicine
- Colorado Board of Medicine