Online CPR Certification in California
Obtaining CPR certification online in California is quick and easy with a course that you can study for and complete from your own living room. You can earn CPR / AED / First Aid certification or renewal, and certification in Bloodborne Pathogens, Babysitting, and Infant CPR is available as well.
Being certified in CPR, Infant CPR, AED, or First Aid can mean saving a person’s life. Getting an online certification can give laypersons the skills and knowledge to save lives in an emergency situation. Some school districts in California offer CPR training, and many other states require certification for graduation.
State of Health in California
According to America’s Health Rankings 2016 report, California has a higher percentage of the population without health insurance than most of the country; many residents of the state are not insured. The number of primary care physicians per 100,000 people in California is lower than many states. California is the worst state in the nation in terms of air pollution, and also has a high violent crime rate.
The percentage of adults in California who smoke has decreased by 15% over the last four years; 13.7% of adults reported that they smoked four years ago, now only 11.7% do. Infant mortality rates in California are among the lowest in the country, at only 4.5 deaths per 1,000 live births. That’s a 10% decrease over the same time period.
Sadly, many deaths in California are cardiovascular in nature; for every 100,000 people in the population, 230 will die from a cardiac related event. This is why it is important for laypersons to earn CPR certification online in California.
Factors that can increase the risk of a cardiac event could include physical inactivity (20% of California residents don’t get enough exercise) and obesity (24.2% of California residents are obese). Completion of an online CPR certification course that includes AED training can help teach laypersons and medical personnel the correct way to respond to a cardiac emergency.
Jobs Requiring CPR Certification in California
Medical professionals, lifeguards, and emergency personnel are often required by law or their employer to obtain CPR certification. Other jobs that may require you to obtain online CPR certification may include:
- Construction workers, logistics professionals, manufacturing personnel, retail employees, and any other professions where a fellow client, customer, or fellow worker may need emergency aid
- Workers who may be in contact with people during emergency situations such as security personnel, corrections officers, firemen, and police
- Any staff members in any educational facility or learning institution who may interact with students
- Staff members in doctors’ or dentists’ offices including front desk workers, receptionists and administrators who may come in contact with patients
- Anyone who is around children such as Head Start teachers, babysitters, nannies, and daycare workers
- Charity volunteers, social workers, and in-facility or in-house companions to the elderly or disabled
- Any person who provide instruction in water related activities such as diving or rowing instructors and aquatic instructors or directors
- Professionals or volunteers involved in youth sports and athletics, coaches, and personal fitness trainers
More Information about CPR/AED Certification in California
In California, CPR/AED certification will need to be renewed in every 2 years. Obtaining recertification online is a simple and quick way to going back to being completely certified.
In some cases, an employer may require that a hands-on skills test be completed. If this is the case, it is necessary to appear in person at the testing site in order to complete certification. This may also carry a small additional fee.
CPR Skills Testing Sites in California
These facilities / individuals may be offering on-site CPR skills testing in California. You can contact them directly to inquire.
1st Five Minutes
Modesto, CA 95355-3003
Phone: (510) 305-6386
Community Preparedness and Response Training
West Covina, CA 91790
Cornerstone Church of Ione
Ione, CA 95640
CPR FOR LIFE, LLC
Chatsworth, CA 91311
CPR Training Solutions
Los Gatos, CA 95032
CPR/First Aid Training
Carmichael, CA 95608
Pico Rivera, CA 90660
Fontana, CA 92337
Phone: (909) 428-0260
Advantages of Online Certification
Obtaining CPR Certification online in California provides a number of benefits. When you use the CPR Certification Institute, you get:
- CPR/AED/First Aid, Bloodborne Pathogens, Infant CPR, & Babysitting courses
- Flexible study hours and locations – study anywhere, at any time
- No time limits – you can take as long as you need to learn the material
- High quality courses – all material is prepared by health professionals
- Unlimited, unique practice tests with instant grading to test your knowledge
- Free final exam retakes until you pass with an 80% or higher score
- Instant certification with a printable PDF card emailed 24/7/365
- Hardcopy certification card mailed to you at no additional charge
- Certification guaranteed to be accepted or your money back
- Referral for local skills testing if required by your employer
Are you ready to get certified? Sign up for one or more of our courses today!
California Medical and Public Health Resources